This was too much orange taste for my liking, so the second time I made it, I reduced it.
- 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- walnuts ( for garnish)
- In a saucepan, gently boil orange juice, sugar, and cinnamon stick until sugar melts down and becomes a syrup-like texture.
- Reduce slightly and add cranberries.
- Keep a slow boil until cranberries burst their skins.
- Remove from heat and remove cinnamon stick.
- Slightly mash cranberries and chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish with walnuts, if desired, just before serving.