We finally began planning and poking around in the back yard for the placement of our mini bamboo grove. We’ve established:
- We can lift most of the "sod" by means of the manual d-thatching rake. Should take infinity.
- The hardpan begins about four inches below the moss.
- We need to excavate and till 50 feet by 8 feet.
- I’ve lost several of the tags so the green varieties will be a surprise to watch for 3 years until they reveal their full character.
- The dogs will enjoy rolling around the fresh earth but will likely not coordinate in a cooperative digging plan.
- The otherwise adoring Mr. A may not be so so adoring by project’s end.