- We can lift most of the "sod" by means of the manual d-thatching rake. Should take infinity.
- The hardpan begins about four inches below the moss.
- We need to excavate and till 50 feet by 8 feet.
- I’ve lost several of the tags so the green varieties will be a surprise to watch for 3 years until they reveal their full character.
- The dogs will enjoy rolling around the fresh earth but will likely not coordinate in a cooperative digging plan.
- The otherwise adoring Mr. A may not be so so adoring by project’s end.
Saying it had the right to block “controversial or unsavory” text messages, Verizon Wireless last week rejected a request from Naral Pro-Choice America, the abortion rights group, to make Verizon’s mobile network available for a text-message program.
But the company reversed course this morning, saying it had made a mistake.
PORTLAND, Ore. – Two provisions of the USA Patriot Act are unconstitutional because they allow search warrants to be issued without a showing of probable cause, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken ruled that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, as amended by the Patriot Act, "now permits the executive branch of government to conduct surveillance and searches of American citizens without satisfying the probable cause requirements of the Fourth Amendment."
LOS ANGELES – A mistrial was declared Wednesday in the murder case against Phil Spector when the jury reported that it was deadlocked 10-2 in favor of convicting the music producer of killing actress Lana Clarkson more than four years ago.
What happened in those three hours was never clear. Spector did not testify, and prosecutors stated no motive for him to kill her other than her apparent decision to leave the house.
(Why are juries having such a hard time with this one?)