- Bojack Horseman: Season 2 ()
- Run All Night ()
- Stranger Things
- Spanish Lake (2014)
- Team Foxcatcher (2016)
- Minions (2015)
- Lady Dynamite: Season 1 (2016)
- Mr Robot: Season 1 (2015)
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 4 (2016)
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 3 (2015)
- Spotlight (2015)
- Deadpool (2015)
- Minions (2015)
- Taken 3 (2014)
- Finding Vivian Maier ()
- We Are Still Here (2015)
- Snowpiercer (2014)
- St. Vincent (2015)
- Estranged ()
- They Look Like People ()
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Season 2 (2016)
- Talking For Clapping (2016)
- Passion ()
- Lemmy ()
- The Prince of Pennsylvania (2015)
- A Trip to the Moon (Color) (1902)
- My Winnipeg (2007)
- Interstellar (2014)
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)
- Finders Keepers (2015)
- The Wrecking Crew (2008)
- Sharknado (2013)
- Teacher’s Pet (1958)
- The Holiday (2006)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (2014)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- Josef Fritzl: Story of a Monster (2010)
- Adult Beginners (2014)
- Tenured (2015)
- Aileen Wournos: The Selling of a Serial Killer (1993)
- Valkyrie (2008)
- Creep (2014)
- Maron: Season 3 (2015)
- Fortitude: Season 1 (2015)
- A Haunting at Silver Falls (2013)
- Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead (2014)
- Maron: Season 3 (2015)
- Kids for Cash (2013)
- Trophy Kids (2013)
- The Propaganda Game (2015)
- The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret: Season 2 (2012)
- The Seven Dwarfs of Auschwitz (2013)
- A LEGO Brickumentary (2015)
- A Picture of You (2014)
- The Man in the High Castle: Season 1 (2015)
- Paul Williams: Still Alive (2011)
- Turbo Kid (2015)
- Headhunters (2011)
- Portlandia: Season 5 (2015)
- Hellions (2015)
- Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (2010)
- Tangerine (2015)
- Portlandia: Season 4 (2014)
- Trick ‘r Treat (2007)
- Portlandia: Season 3 (2013)
- Portlandia: Season 2 (2012)
- Portlandia: Season 1 (2011)
- BoJack Horseman: Season 1 (2015)
- Top of the Lake (2013)
- Ex Machina (2015)
- Goodnight Mommy (2015)
- The Thing on the Doorstep (2014)
- Honeymoon (2014)
- Stonehearst Asylum (2014)
- The Captive (2014)
- Deadfall (2013)
- Dark Places (2015)
- Transparent: Season 2 (2015)
- Blondie’s New York (2014)
- To Be Takei (2014)
- We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011)
- Better Living through Chemistry (2014)
- Do I Sound Gay? (2014)
- Welcome To Me (2014)
- Soaked In Bleach (2015)
- Making A Murderer (2015)
- Four Christmases (2008)
Not available at the library:
Total Time: 4 hr 20 min
Prep: 5 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, for garnish (optional, and kind of a pain, but impresses people, if that’s your aim. kids sure aren’t gonna want to wait around for your fussiness. just give ’em the damn pudding already.)
Before doing anything, get the egg yolks in order. If you do this during the milk simmering part, you’ll have a problem stirring the cocoa in. Because the cocoa is super awesome to play with as you stir it in. Because the air bubbles get coated in cocoa and then you can play with them for ages.
Put 1 1/2 cups of the milk, the sugar, and the cocoa in a saucepan that won’t turn any of the listed ingredients into an alternate form of itself. So, like, a nice enamel saucepan that you got at the discount store when you were poor and had no money that just happens to be one of the most-used and useful items in your adult arsenal of fancy pans. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup of the milk, cornstarch, salt, egg yolks, and vanilla in a bowl. Gradually whisk the hot milk into the egg mixture. Return to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until the pudding comes to a full boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer, and continue whisking until thick, about 2 or 3 minutes more.
Pour the pudding into 6 small cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight until set.
Just before serving, pour the cream into a chilled bowl. Whip the cream with a whisk or a hand-held mixer, and continue beating until soft peaks form. Take care not to over-beat the cream or it will be grainy. Serve each pudding with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Ugh. So many mispronunciations and wrong words in these here voiceovers and audiobooks and the news. Let’s go over this one more time:
- CAHIER. It’s kah-yay’, not kah-yee-err, or however Cary Elwes pronounced it in his audiobook. Or was this another example of an English person intentionally mangling a French word they know how to say?
- GEEGAW. It’s gyoo’-gaw, not goo’-gaw.
- TRAWL, TROLL. While fisherpersons are out hard at work trahl’-ing for fish, sad losers are in trole’-ing the innerwebs.
- HUNG, HANG. Wallpaper is hung. People are hanged.
- GRASS. When it goes brown, it’s dormant, not dead.
- PRAGMATIC, PRACTICAL mean different things.
- FOIE GRAS. It’s fwah-grah, not foy-grah.
- KUTZTOWN. It’s coots’-town, not cuts’-town.
- FIENNES. It’s fynz, not fyn. Patten Oswalt.
- INCHOATE – It’s in-coe-itt, not inch-oh-itt.
- APALACHIN – It’s app-ah-lay’-kin, not app-al-lay’-chin. This town is at the tippy top of the Appalachian mountain range, which is pronounced app-ah-latch’-inn.
- DELHI – It’s dell’-high, not dell-ee. Dellee is in India. Dellhigh is in Upstate New York. In a book about Upstate New York, in a town where the author’s father lives, this is lazy, lazy, lazy.
- SUSQUEHANNA. It’s sus-kwa, not sus-keh. Lawrence Fishburne, Hannibal.
- CAVALRY. You’re waiting for the cavalry to save the day. You’re not hiking to cavalry.
- FIFA – It’s fee-fah, as in Fi Fie Fo Fum.
- DES MOINES. Unlike Iowa, if you’re in Washington, it’s audibly plural, duh-moynz’.
- AUBURN. It’s awe’-burn, not owe’-burn. The owe-pair is going to awe-burn.
Is any good? We’ll find out.
4 -5 mushrooms
1 clove garlic
to taste butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 -1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
to taste cream or to taste milk
1.Saute small onions and 4-5 mushrooms and 1 clove garlic in butter (or just heat up some butter if you want it plain.. I like onions)
2.When they soft, add about 2 Tbsp flour and mix it around until it is absorbed.
3.Pour on 1-1.5 cups vegetable broth and stir.
4.When that starts to warm up, pour a cup or less of cream or milk in and stir.
5.Let boil stirring a lot in the beginning to keep it from lumping.
6.and voila! The amount of flour is kinda if-y.
7.I like it thick, and usually end up adding more flour later on in the process to make it thicker.